Monday 25 May 2015

getting crafty

Happy bank holiday! Not exactly something worth cheering for in itself, but it does mean another Monday off work and school, so it's not worth ignoring either. I've been meaning to write a post for the past few days and I've started a couple of times, only to be stopped by silly little things; today I intend to finish a post since I've actually been kind of active this weekend.

Saturday saw the last dance classes before half term, which is always a sad sight; I hate having even one week off. Anyway, we did a ton of stretches, including splits, which I was pretty pleased with. I now have them completely flat on my left and only a little off with my right; I did have them flat once but pulling a hamstring is never the best idea. I'm still a million miles off my box splits. I doubt I'll ever get them to be honest. Anyway, my hips and calves are still a little achey, which I guess is a good thing.

Yesterday I did five, yes five, videos, whoo! I did the Quick Cardio Warmup, 5 Minute Arms, 5 Minute Abs, the Inner Thigh Challenge and the Extreme Muffintop Crushing Workout, which is probably my personal favourite right now. My obliques have actually been feeling nice and tight recently!

And today, I met with Hannah to have an informal photoshoot, and we went crazy by wearing shorts at 13 degrees C. Luckily it wasn't too cold, and I can feel that my legs are looking kind of nice too! Just a little bit more toning needed for it to be visible! I much prefer working them to my abs, honestly.


 

In other news, I've been a little obsessed with making friendship bracelets this weekend, whenever I've had a spare five minutes. To make this one, I used five stands of pale pink embroidery thread (32"each) and five coloured strands (30" each). It only took a couple of hours, so I made Hannah a matching one too!


Here's a selfie from the shoot yesterday! Dan and Phil cat faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment